I finally broke in my tiny oven in my tiny apartment in Toronto! With very limited supplies I was able to whip up these cookies which are a nice alternative to a peanut butter blossom with the yummy Hershey kiss. I used the kisses that have caramel in the middle which gave them a little something extra.
I used this recipe since it has no baking powder, baking soda or peanut butter all of which I did not have on hand.
A half batch was also plenty of cookies in my opinion. About 20 cookies.
Without a mixer or a real thermostat on my oven I feel good about the inaugural batch of cookies! Enjoy!
Here is the original post for the recipe: Can’t Stay Out Of The Kitchen
Wonderful oatmeal cookie with just a hint of cinnamon. The Hershey’s Kisses
in the center of each cookie make these cookies spectacular. A chocolate
Author: Teresa Ambra adapted from a magazine back in the early 1980s.
3 cups UNBLEACHED allpurpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked
½ cup sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. salt
3 cups oatmeal
1 cup butter, softened
½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
48 Hershey’s Kisses
1. In large bowl with mixer at low speed, beat butter, sugars, vanilla, cinnamon, salt and eggs, until well
blended occasionally scraping bowl with rubber spatula.
2. With wooden spoon, stir in oats and flour.
3. Preheat oven to 350°.
4. Grease large cookie sheet or spray with cooking spray.
5. With hands, shape dough into 1inch balls.
6. Place as many balls as possible, about 2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
7. Bake cookies about 8 minutes.
8. Meanwhile, remove foil wrappers from candies.
9. Remove cookie sheet from oven and place Hershey’s Kiss in center of each cookie pressing kiss down into
10. Bake an additional 6-7 minutes until chocolate starts to glisten and cookie is done.
11. Let cookies cool in pan a few minutes.
12. With pancake turner, carefully remove cookies to wire racks to cool.
13. Store cookies in tightlycovered container to use up within 1 week.
Recipe by Can’t Stay Out Of The Kitchen
2 thoughts on “Oatmeal Cinnamon Kiss Cookies ~ Recipe”
They look so delicious!! Thanks for sharing the recipe ❤
Thanks for linking my recipe.