This week was wedding cake week! It was a busy week that felt rushed even though we just had one cake to focus on. The theme that I was given was Marie Antoinette based on the Sophia Coppola movies more modern style. My original design was downgraded a bit as the week went on due to time constraints. Who knew how much time it really takes to make every little detail.
I made 11 sugar roses, 20 leaves and 20 blossoms. I did not use them all on my cake. I also made gold dipped feathers but they did not seem to fit when doing the final assembly. I used the ruffle technique that we learned in class to make the swags and a mold to create the floral boarders and frame. To make the “J” initial I used the extruder to form the letter and let it dry a bit first before gluing to the cake. All the gold was hand painted which took some time but not as much as I thought.
I was really happy with the result. Everyone in our class did a great job! This coming week is a short week and finals. I can’t believe it! My assignment inspiration is Swan Lake! The pressure is on. 🙂